In The Great Awakening? Religion, The Enlightenment, and Perceptions of Equality, Spencer Crew (George Mason University) considers how and to what extent The Great Awakening influenced the American Revolution. This talk was given August 5, 2010, at Educational Service District 112 in Vancouver, Washington.
Audio file: Spencer Crew – The Great Awakening? Religion, The Enlightenment, and Perceptions of Equality (Note: The first several minutes of Spencer’s talk are missing. My apologies for this omission.)
- Jonathan Edwards, A Faithful Narrative (1737)
- George Whitefield – Journals 1735-1740
- Daniel Rogers – Diary 1741-1742
- James Davenport’s Arrest (1742)
- The Testimony and Advice of an Assembly of Pastors (1743)