Following Jenny Wahl’s keynote on taxation and consent, Paul Finkelman (Albany Law School) discussed issues of representation. He argued that it was an era when “Locke was in the air” and drew on the histories of the Glorious Revolution and the Mayflower Compact to make sense of the political ideas underlying the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. His talk was delivered at Educational Service District 112 in Vancouver, Washington on August 4 2010.
- Protected: How does your story influence what you hear?
- Guest Post: A teacher’s journey
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: How does imperialism impact a country?
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: Propaganda
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: What is the role of the government, the community, and the individual in times of hardship?