Teachers – If you’re looking to fund a project in your classroom, you should consider turning to DonorsChoose.org. It’s set up to connect your aspirations to funders.
Others – If you’re looking to help fund teachers’ efforts to meet their students’ needs, you might look to DonorsChoose as a site for charitable giving…
From their website:
How It Works
- It’s simple to register – tell us where you teach and confirm that you can receive our emails. Then upload a photo that provides a window into your classroom. And voilà! You’re ready to submit a project!
- Our system allows you to find what you need online, and you choose the exact materials you need for YOUR classroom.
- Next, you’ll aim to inspire donors by describing what you need, why you need it, and how your project will change your students’ lives for the better.
- Every day projects are funded on our site, and yours could be next!
- Word to the wise: projects under $400 have the best chance of being funded.
- Check back often – a donor may leave a personal message for you and your classroom letting you know why he or she chose to give to your project.