We’re now just a month away from the Summer Institute!
A few details to keep you excited:
- An updated timed agenda is posted here.
- All of our featured scholars have written summary notes and provided guiding questions for your consideration. Click to link to the messages from Spencer Crew, Jenny Wahl, Paul Finkelman and Rich Christen and Peter Thacker.
- If you would like to attend and haven’t yet registered, please let me know at your earliest convenience.
- Note that, while most of the program is open to all interested parties who pre-register, there are two portions of the week with more limited attendance:
- The 9:00 Monday session is only for the members of the 2009-2010 cohort. If you are a member of that group, please be sure to be in the Cowlitz Room at 9:00; if you are not, we’ll see you in the Clark and Pacific Rooms at 10:00.
- The Friday session is limited to members of the 2009-2010 cohort unless you have a group interested in completing a Lesson Study cycle during the school year and have discussed this with me in advance.
- Several books will be given to attendees to support your inquiry into the roots of the Civil War. These include Why the Civil War Came, Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, Dred Scott v. Sandford: A Brief History With Documents, and the Antebellum Slavery issue of the OAH Magazine of History. While no reading in advance of the institute is expected, some of you might want to get ready for the week by beginning to dive into these rich resources. If you’d like to come by the ESD to grab your copy of any or all, just let me know.
See you August 10!