The Gilder Lehrman Institute has announced that they are again sponsoring the History Teacher of the Year competition. Each state will select a teacher as its state winner to compete for the national award. This year’s competition is limited to elementary teachers, grades K-6. State winners receive a check for $1,000 and an archive of primary historical materials for their school. To nominate a teacher, please email Caleb Perkins. The deadline for submitting nominations is April 24th, 2009.
- Protected: How does your story influence what you hear?
- Guest Post: A teacher’s journey
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: How does imperialism impact a country?
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: Propaganda
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: What is the role of the government, the community, and the individual in times of hardship?