The National Endowment for the Humanities has announced its roster of summer institutes for teachers.
All teachers selected to participate in a seminar or institute will be awarded a fixed stipend based on the length of the seminar or institute to help cover travel costs, books and other research expenses, and living expenses. The application deadline is March 2, 2009 (postmark).
Of particular interest to US History teachers:
- The President and Congress: Constitutional Principles
and Practices That Have Shaped Our Understanding
of the War Powers
- Philadelphia’s Economy in an Age of Atlantic
- The Frontier Experience in the American Midwest:
Greater Illinois to 1860
- Production and Consumption in World History, 1450-1914
- Developing Cartographic Literacy with Historic Maps
Also offering excellent summer sessions is the Gilder Lehrman Institute.
Our Causes of Conflict Summer Institute – focusing on the Civil War with Paul Finkelman, Spencer Crew, Jenny Wahl, Rich Christen and Peter Thacker – is scheduled for August 10-14.