The new issue of History Now, the quarterly publication of Causes of Conflict program partner Gilder Lehrman Institute, focuses on “six ‘books that changed history,’ placing each one in its historical context and suggesting why it remains relevant today.” Included are essays and lesson plans related to The Scarlet Letter, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Huckleberry Finn, The Jungle, The Great Gatsby, and Catcher in the Rye.
- Protected: How does your story influence what you hear?
- Guest Post: A teacher’s journey
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: How does imperialism impact a country?
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: Propaganda
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: What is the role of the government, the community, and the individual in times of hardship?