A June 12 NY Times article, Unlike Others, U.S. Defends Freedom to Offend in Speech, offers great fodder for classroom conversation about the First Amendment by comparing freedom of speech in the US to that protected by other countries. Do we have too much?
- Protected: How does your story influence what you hear?
- Guest Post: A teacher’s journey
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: How does imperialism impact a country?
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: Propaganda
- Teaching With Primary Sources Lesson: What is the role of the government, the community, and the individual in times of hardship?